1. Health
Paige Waehner

What's New with iPhone and iTouch Fitness Apps

By November 20, 2008

I have an iPhone and it's amazing how much time I waste looking for new iPhone apps to download. On the bright side, I actually use many of those applications for my workouts, so it all balances out in the end (hopefully). Below are a few interesting iPhone apps to check out, for you iPhone and iTouch users:
  • iSPINNING - This app hooks up your iPhone with a heart rate monitor to track heart rate, speed, cadence and power data for spinning or cycling workouts. This one's new so I actually haven't tried it. If you have experience with this (or other apps), leave a comment and tell us about it.
  • iMapMyRun - This app works with your GPS to give you time, distance, pace, speed, running maps, training logs and more. The only bad thing is that you can't listen to tunes while you use this app, so keep that in mind. They also have iMapMyRide as well for cycling workouts.
  • Gym Technik - This app is a mobile fitness journal that allows you to log cardio and weight training exercises. I haven't spent a lot of time using it but it's easy to use so far and it does include a good library of exercises.
  • MyNetDiary - As the name implies, this is a food/exercise diary that analyzes your diet and gives you personalized nutrition guidelines.

Do you have any interesting software, for iPhones or any other computing device, to share? Leave a comment and tell us about it.

Comments
November 24, 2008 at 4:22 am
(1) B says:

I map my run does not work properly. It can’t save any data, I found an alternativ that keeps track of the elevation it’s called runkeeper

November 24, 2008 at 3:48 pm
(2) MAB says:

All I want is a good calorie counter. Any suggestions for that?

November 24, 2008 at 4:51 pm
(3) Carol says:

Livestrong is an excellent calorie counter for the iPhone. You can type in either a food item or a restaurant and it will give you the calories for each item that you can automatically add to your calorie tracker.

November 24, 2008 at 5:10 pm
(4) karen says:

I use (Nike) I-Tunes & love it. Since Dec. 2007 Ive logged total distance of 341.80 miles. They have support groups, training guides, & logs your miles. Im really happy with this product and look forward to the upgrades. See you on the track!

November 26, 2008 at 12:44 pm
(5) smasher says:

Here’s my exercise tracker – Workout Buddy:

It allows you to define your own workouts, add exercises, sets, and reps, and count out those exercises. It also keeps track of when you performed each exercise and workout, and when it’s time to do it again. Enjoy!

January 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm
(6) Erica says:

LoseIt! is a great calorie counting app, RunKeeper is great for tracking your runs, and Vitogo (http://www.vitogo.com) is a great new fitness app that builds/coaches you through a customized strength and conditioning program. It’s kind of like having a personal trainer on your phone. Great for beginners!

February 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm
(7) whatsapp free download says:

Chrome is the name the pops up first when speaking of bag messenger enthusiasts.

Clicking this icon will take you to a Bing search results page
for the song in question. The fashion of men’s shoulder bag is
likely to be stronger with time as more and more men are realizing the increase in their desirable rates with their shoulder bag.

my webpage :: <a href=”http://www.montanatechcomponents.com/author/EmiliaKal”>whatsapp free download</a>