Now, just because it's January 1, doesn't mean you have to decide what to do right now. In fact, you don't have to decide to do anything, if you don't want to. You can simply put on a pair of shoes, go take a walk and call that your First Healthy Action of 2013. If you have a hangover, you might want to avoid any sudden movements.
That said, for those of you who do like to set new challenges for yourself each year, I've got my handy-dandy list of all the resources and programs available here and around About. If you're coherent, I'd love a comment about what you're doing today. Are you starting on your resolutions or will you wait until tomorrow?
- New Year's Resolution Toolkit - This is my little resolution mecca, a place where you'll find options for wherever you are in your fitness and weight loss journey.
- 4 Week Jumpstart - This is a new program I created for 2013 and it's one of my favorites because it's simple. I will warn you that it's a points-based program so, if you follow a different schedule, you may have to do math. Sorry about that.
- Free Exercise and Weight Loss Programs - I have a variety of ecourses available for almost every fitness level and goal. These structured programs offer cardio and strength training workouts that come right to your email inbox on a daily or weekly basis.
- How to Lose Weight - For those of you who just want the basics of how to lose weight, you can start with the obvious article, How to Lose Weight, which offers a starting point and some exercise resources.
- Workouts - I know many of you are avid exercisers, so you may not care much about setting weight loss or exercise resolutions. What you may care about are new workout ideas, which you'll find in my Workout Center.
Oh, I forgot: Happy 2013!