1. Health
Paige Waehner

Spice Up Your Sex Life With Exercise

By February 14, 2013

I'm no fan of Valentine's Day, but I am in favor of chocolate, little hearts with love notes stamped into them and a giant vase of flowers delivered to my door.

That was in no way a hint to my husband.

Beyond that, it's a rule in the fitness writing world that, on Valentine's Day, you have to equate exercise with a better sex life. I don't make the rules, I just work here. The good thing about that rule is that it's actually true: Exercise really does improve one's sex life. Specifically, you get:

• More endurance
  • Better performance
  • More pleasure
  • More frequent sex
  • More satisfaction

Not only that, but exercise reduces stress and fatigue, two things that can maim, if not kill, any sex life. Maybe a Valentine's Day workout can help bring a little more romance into your life. And if you're single, a workout is the perfect thing to do on stupid Valentine's Day, right?

Comments
February 12, 2010 at 9:49 am
(1) QuickDieting says:

Oh what a topic here, well I think a fit body makes a fit mind and this makes your sex life better.You can move better and of course you do not get tires that fast.Pretty obvious I think.So, go with a good diet and a great fitness routine and your sex life will be better than ever ;)

February 12, 2010 at 12:15 pm
(2) Horton says:

It’s like a self-fulfilling thing or circular logic…ya know, one leads to the other which leads back to the first. When you exercise and are good shape, you feel good about yourself and crave more sex. When you are having more sex and better sex, you strive to exercise and get in better shape and so on.

February 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm
(3) scout09 says:

I’ve read some science articles that state that pheramones (those chemical substances that cause attraction between the sexes) are diminished as a person becomes fat or obese. Therefore, we may not feel as amorous or our heavier partner may not be as attractive to us. From an evolutionary stand point, this would explain why thinner more fit people are more attractive to us in general; they give off more pheramones.

October 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm
(4) Sex and Exercise says:

My name is Helen Jones and I am a registered fitness professional that has been in the fitness industry for over 6 years. At University I have studied Exercise science and Biomedical Science, specializing in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Psychology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics and Advanced Neurosciences. I am currently involved in studies investigating neural changes and effects in relation to exercise and activities.

Regular exercise and sex activity is an important part of a healthy lifestyle which can make you look good, feel good and live longer with less disease and illness related problems.

February 16, 2012 at 2:12 pm
(5) Coach Jimmy Minardi says:

Minardi Training priniciple # 13

1- Quit coffee
2- Add much more outdoor recreation
3-Kill your TV
4- Stop eating so late
5-Pitch the cheap wine
Add 1 thru 5 and supercharge your sex life

February 14, 2013 at 7:43 pm
(6) LS says:

Three mile walk on a LONG stretch of sandy beach today with my hubby & 2 wonderful dogs. Great exercise AND very conducive to romance! (Especially since the dogs will be so tired out they won’t come visit in the hot tub…)