30-Day Fitness ChallengePart of getting in shape means changing how you live, from what you eat to how you schedule your time. But, what many people forget is that changing everything at once can be so overwhelming that we end up going back to old behaviors.
If you want to make small, daily changes on the road to fitness and health, this 30-day challenge is for you. This isn't a weight loss program, although you may lose weight during the next 30 days. In fact, you'll have specific instructions not to weigh yourself throughout this entire process. The reason? We want to focus on the journey, not the destination. Here's how it works:
- Each day you'll receive a newsletter detailing your challenges for the day.
- These challenges will include:
- An Active Challenge - these challenges will require you to be more active throughout the day with a variety of ideas.
- An Exercise Challenge - these challenges offer more structured cardio and strength routines. You'll have many choices for your workout, but always feel free to do your own routine if you like.
- A Flexibility Challenge - these challenges will help you increase your flexibility with stretching, yoga and/or Pilates-type exercises.
- A Nutrition Challenge - these challenges vary and will help you become more aware of your own eating habits (this isn't a diet!)
- A Mind/Body Challenge - here you'll find a number of challenges that help you relax, regroup and enjoy some quiet moments throughout the day.
- Each newsletter will also include a checklist which you can print and fill out at the end of each day.
- Many challenges will offer other options but not all challenges will work for you. Always feel free to substitute or create your own challenges. Each checklist contains blanks where you can enter your own personal goals and accomplishments.
Is your email box being filtered for spam? Don't let your newsletters end up in the trash. To ensure that you receive your mailings, please configure your spam filters to bypass any messages with a from address that ends in "about.com" (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org). For more detailed information, please see our Email GuideSite.