We all have parts of our bodies we struggle with, but the one we struggle with the most? Our abs. Some of us are genetically predisposed to store excess fat in the belly and hitting middle age, especially around menopause for women, causes body fat to shift even more drastically to the midsection. So, what can you do about it? First, get the truth about how much you can really change your body.
Getting Flat Abs
- The Truth About Getting Flat Abs - The hard truth is that, for some of us, washboard abs may not be in the cars.
- Flatten Your Abs - Flat abs don't come from just ab exercises, but from your overall diet, exercise and lifestyle.
- How to Reduce Belly Fat - While you can't get rid of fat in certain areas by doing specific exercises, there are things you can do that will target belly fat more effectively.
- Ab FAQ's - Get the facts about what you can and can't do to change your abs.
- Myths About Your Abs - Believing in old myths can keep you stuck in a rut.
- Most Effective Ab Exercises - These exercises fire the most abdominal muscle fibers.
- How to Work Your Abs Standing Up - Working the abs from a standing position can help you build a strong, more functional core.
- Strengthening Your Abs - Flat abs are nice, but strong abs serve a very important purpose.
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Your Abs?
- Ab Equipment - There are plenty of inexpensive tools you can use to add variety to your ab workouts.
Ab exercises may not do much to reduce fat around the belly, but they're essential for a strong, supported body. Doing a variety of ab exercises, standing and lying down, on the floor or on the ball, will target all the musces of your core, giving you a stronger torso and more support for the spine.
Beginner Ab Workouts