Bicycle Ab Exercise
- Lie down and place your hands behind your head. Your hands should lightly cradle your head, not hold it in a death grip.
- Bring your knees in to the chest, lift the shoulders and take the right leg straight, rotating the right elbow to the left knee.
- Stop here for a moment and check your form. This is often when people get sloppy, either pulling on their necks and/or using the elbow to make the turn rather than the abs. Think of generating the movement from the left side of your waist or your obliques.
- Rotate back to the center and now do the same thing on the other side.
- Take your time with each rep, moving slow and controlled and keep your elbows back. If you feel your back arching, try taking your legs up higher.
The Bicycle is considered one of the most effective exercises you can do for your abs. This move targets the 'six-pack' muscles of your rectus abdominis as well as your internal and external obliques. Add this to your ab routine, doing 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.