- Lie on your back with the knees bent and the hands gently cradling the head.
- Flex your feet and keep them flexed as your contract the abs, lifting the shoulder blades off the floor.
- Try not to pull on the neck with your hands, but lightly support your head.
- At the top of the crunch, press your heels into the floor while pressing your back against the mat and slightly raising the glutes off the floor.
- Lower and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
View this exercise in the Best Ab Workout.