The ball crunch is great for targeting the abs, but one way to spice up this exercise is to add a medicine ball throw. With this move, you have several options. You can either do a full crunch and throw the medicine ball to someone standing in front of you, throw a soft, rubber ball against the wall so it comes back to you, or reach out with the ball if throwing it isn't an option. The medicine ball adds weight, intensity and fun to a regular ball crunch.
- Lie on an exercise ball holding a med ball. Position the ball under the mid-lower back in a tabletop position.
- Take the med ball behind the head, arms straight and feeling a slight stretch in the abs.
- Crunch the shoulders off the ball while taking the medicine ball forward, reaching the ball toward the ceiling.
- Roll back down, taking the medicine ball behind you for your next crunch.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.
- If you have a partner, throw the ball to your partner while staying in a crunch, then have him/her throw the ball back to you as fast as possible for your next crunch.