Ab rolls are a challenging exercise that targets all the muscles of the core. This advanced move requires attention to detail to avoid straining the back. Make sure you only roll out as far as you comfortably can. If you feel any strain in the back, back off the exercise or avoid it completely.
- Kneel in front of the ball and place the hands on the ball, parallel to one another and with the elbows bent.
- Contract the abs and pull the belly towards the spine.
- Slowly roll forward and out as far as you comfortably can, until the feel the abs engage. Don't go so far that you hurt your back or collapse.
- This move does not involve bending the hips, so keep them straight throughout the exercise.
- Keeping the body straight, slowly pull your body back using your arms and abdominals.
- Continue for 1-3 sets of 8-12 reps, avoiding this move if you have any back problems.
- You can change the difficult of the move by placing your hands closer in or further out.