More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters
This is a great move for getting the heart rate up with no equipment needed. It's low impact, but that doesn't mean it's low intensity. Adding a low lunge at the end while touching the floor will engage the glutes and thighs and help raise the heart rate.
- Stand with feet about hip-width apart and bring the right knee up.
- Extend the right leg out into a front kick, but avoid locking or hyperextending the knee.
- Bring the leg back and immediately take it behind you into a straight-leg reverse lunge, keeping your balance on the left leg (if you can).
- Lunge as low as you can, touching the floor with your fingertips.
- Stand up, bring the right leg forward again and kick.
- Repeat the kick and low lunge sequence for one minute and repeat the sequence on the other side for one minute.