More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers
Jumping jacks are great, but adding a step is a great way to add intensity and spice things up. This move is high impact, so protect your joints by landing with soft knees. You may want to start with the step at it's lowest position if you're trying this move for the first time. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
- Stand in front of a step and jump up onto the step with both feet.
- Jump back down to the floor (or step down to the floor if jumping feels unsafe or uncomfortable).
- Do a jumping jack on the floor and, after you jump the feet back together, jump back onto the step.
- Continue for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
- To modify, do jumping jacks on the floor or use a lower step.