If you're new to the exercise ball, ball walks are a great way to practice using the ball while developing core strength and balance. If you haven't tried this before or you feel wobbly, stay next to a wall in case you need to hold onto it for balance.
- Sit on the ball with the hands behind the head (harder) or resting on the ball, abs engaged.
- Slowly walk forward, rolling your torso down onto the ball.
- Continue walking the feet forward until you're in a tabletop position on the ball, head and neck supported and the hips lifted.
- Slowly walk back, coming all the way up to a seated position.
- Use a sticky mat or shoes with good traction to avoid slipping and hold onto a wall for balance if needed.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-15 reps.