This compound exercise targets the hips, glutes and thighs as well as the biceps, shoulders and the core in an efficient whole body exercise. Use a lighter weight for this exercise to avoid using too much momentum and make sure you pivot on the feet as you rotate up and to the side to keep the knees injury free.
- Stand with the feet wide, toes out at an angle and hold dumbbells with the palms facing in.
- Squat as low as you can, keeping the knees in line with the toes.
- Press up, curling the weights into a hammer curl.
- Squat again, straightening the arms.
- As you press up, curl the weights to the shoulders and then rotate to the right, pivoting on the feet while pressing the weights overhead.
- Lower and repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps, alternating sides.