- With feet about hip-distance apart and hands a bit wider than shoulders on the bar, bend forward at the waist until you're at about a 45-degree angle. Keep the shoulders back, the knees slightly bent and the abs tight and look straight forward.
- Begin the movement by taking the weight out in front of the knees.
- Bend the elbows and contract the back to pull the weight in towards the bellybutton, following the line of the legs.
- Bring the elbows just past the torso and squeeze the back.
- Lower down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps
- Be sure your abs are engaged. If this hurts your back, skip this exercise or adjust your position.