- Place the left foot on a step or platform and rest the left hand or forearm on the upper thigh.
- Hold a medium-heavy weight in the right hand, tip forward keeping the back flat and the abs in, and hang the weight down towards the floor.
- Bend the elbow and pull it up in a rowing motion until it is level with the torso or just above it.
- At the top of the movement, squeeze the back while keeping the hips square and the abs engaged.
- Lower down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps, then switch sides.
- Be sure to keep all the movement in the arm and avoid turning at the hips.
- Only pull the elbow up to torso-level.