The biceps curl is a traditional exercise targeting the bicep muscles. By using dumbbells, you can work both arms independently, which is a great way to work on any weaknesses you may have in your non-dominant arm.
- Stand with feet about hip-width apart, abs engaged as you hold medium-heavy dumbbells in front of the thighs.
- Squeeze the biceps and bend the arms, curling the weights up towards the shoulders.
- Keep the elbows stationary and only bring the weight as high as you can without moving the elbows.
- Slowly lower the weights, keeping a slight bend in the elbows at the bottom (e.g., don't lock the joints and try to keep tension on the muscle)
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-15 reps.