- Get into pushup position on the knees (easier) or the toes (more difficult). Make sure the body is in a straight line with the abs in and the back straight.
- Place one hand on a medicine ball and keep the other on the floor. Get your balance and lower into a pushup.
- Push back up and roll the ball across the floor to the other hand and lower into a pushup.
- Continue rolling the ball back and forth for each pushup for 1 to 3 sets of 10 to 16 reps.
- You can often find soft medicine balls which make this move a bit easier.
- Keep the body in alignment. By elevating one hand, you may not have the same range of motion, so only lower as far as you comfortably can.
- Keep the body in a straight line. Don't sag in the middle, and don't let your shoulder blades ride up. Your upper back should be flat.