The clean, push and press is a combination exercise putting together exercises that make up the foundation of kettlebell training: The clean
and the push-press
. This dynamic exercise works the lower body as well as the core, which works hard to keep your body stabilized throughout the movement. The shoulders and arms get a great workout as well, making
- Hold a medium-heavy kettlebell in the right hand, feet hip-width apart, with the arm straight.
- Lower into a squat with the torso upright and the abs braced.
- Thrust the hips up as you come up, pulling the kettlebell straight up.
- Rotate the elbow down as you pull the kettlebell up, catching it at shoulder height.
- Absorb the weight of the kettlebell and the movement by squatting slightly, keeping the wrist neutral.
- In your squat position and with the weight at shoulder level, thrust the hips up to help you push the weight over the head.
- Lower the weight and repeat for 8-16 reps before switching sides.