The medicine ball exchange is a great way to warm up the arms and shoulders and get the heart rate up. You can do this from a seated position or a standing position. The key to this move is to start with a light medicine ball (4 or so lbs) if you're a beginner and keep the move slow and controlled. If you're more advanced, you can use a heavier ball and add a toss at the top of the movement for more intensity.
- Stand or, if you're sitting, engage the abs and sit up tall.
- Hold a medicine ball in the right hand with your arm down at your side.
- Circle the arm up overhead and take the ball with the other hand.
- Circle the left hand down to your side.
- Continue circling the ball overhead, alternating the arms, and speeding up as you get more comfortable with the move.
- Add a toss at the top of the movement for more intensity.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 16-20 reps.