Medicine Ball Exercises
By Paige Waehner, About.com Guide
Updated November 27, 2012
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board
This is a great warm up exercise for the entire body and it can also be used in cardio workouts to get the heart rate up. The squat gets the lower body moving and adding the weight of the medicine ball along with a dribble and toss improves coordination and engages the core.
- Stand with feet about shoulder-distance apart, holding a medicine ball.
- Toss the ball up in the air as high as you can.
- As you catch it, squat as low as you can, taking the hips back and keeping the knees behind the toes.
- While squatting, throw the ball to the floor and let it bounce back up into your hands.
- Stand back up while tossing the ball in the air and repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.