Medicine Ball Exercises
By Paige Waehner, About.com Guide
Updated November 27, 2012
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board
The medicine ball circle squat is a great way to work the lower body while also raising the heart rate, making it a great addition to any cardio or strength routine. Because this move is low impact, you'll also protect your joints while getting a great workout.
- Stand holding a medicine ball in both hands on the right side next to the hip.
- Circle the medicine ball overhead towards the left as you step out with the left leg into a squat.
- As you squat, circle the ball all the way to the to the right side of the body.
- Step the feet back together, again circling the ball back to the right.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps on each side.