This dynamic exercise is great for working the entire body with a focus on the abs and the obliques. The diagonal movement is also functional, strengthening the body through a rotational movement, much the same way the body works in real life.
- Begin with the feet together and holding a medicine ball overhead at a diagonal towards the right side.
- Step out to the left onto a lunge, swinging the ball across the body towards the left side.
- Make sure the knee is behind the toe and rotate through the torso, taking the ball towards the back the room as far as you can.
- Step the left foot back to start while swinging the ball up and at a diagonal.
- Repeat for 10-16 reps before switching sides, completing 1-3 sets.