- Loop a light resistance band around a sturdy object, threading one handle through the other and pulling it tight.
- Stand with left side facing the band, holding handle in right hand.
- Starting position is with elbow bent to 90 degrees, palm and forearm directly in front of the belly.
- Keeping the elbow bent, rotate the shoulder, bringing the forearm out to side. Work within your range of motion - you may not be able to take the arm all the way out.
- Rotate the forearm back in and repeat for 12-16 reps
- Keep the elbow in a fixed position and the movement slow and controlled.
- Avoid swinging the arm out too far - only go as far as your flexibility allows.
- This is a small, subtle movement. Take your time and really feel what you're doing.