More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
The kickback is a common triceps exercise which involves extending the arm while the torso is in a bent position. For this exercise, you can do one arm at a time and use heavier weights or you can extend both arms at the same time, which will involve more lower back stabilization.
- Hold a medium weight in both hands and bend over until your torso is at a 45-degree angle or parallel to the floor (more advanced). Bend the knees if needed and keep the abs engaged to protect the lower back.
- Begin the movement by bending the arms and pulling the elbows up to torso level.
- Holding that position, straighten the arms out behind you, squeezing the triceps muscles.
- Bend the arms back to starting position and repeat for 10-16 reps.
- Do this exercise one arm at a time if you're using heavier weights or need more support for the lower back.
- Keep the abs engaged and the back flat throughout the movement.
- At the end of the movement, your arms should extend along the body, palms facing each other.
- Try not to swing the arms to get the weight up.