More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
This challenging version of the traditional triceps pushup will surprise you with it's intensity. By lifting and lowering your own body weight with one arm, you really challenge the triceps muscle. This is for experienced exercisers, but skip it if you have any elbow or shoulder problems.
- Lie on your right side with the knees bent and the hips stacked.
- Wrap the bottom arm around the waist and place the left hand on the floor in front of you.
- The fingers should point towards the right.
- Contract the triceps to push the body up and off the floor, straightening the left arm as much as you can without locking the elbow.
- Lower a few inches and continue pushing up and down for 8-12 reps before switching sides.