More Triceps Exercises: Triceps Pushups on the Ball | Triceps Extensions | Skull Crushers | Dips |Kickbacks |One-Arm Pushups |Seated Extensions |Close Grip Bench Press |Extensions with Bands | Front Raise with Extensions
A resistance band is a great tool for working the smaller muscles of the arms, especially the triceps. The key to this exercise is to find a hand position that allows you keep tension on the band throughout the exercise. The closer your hands are, the harder this exercise is.
- Sit tall on a ball or chair and hold a medium-tension resistance band in both hands.
- Begin the move with the elbows bent and at shoulder level, hands in front of the chest and palms facing the floor.
- Keep the hands close together in the middle of the band to keep tension on it.
- While keeping the left hand in place, straighten the right arm out to the side until it's parallel to the floor, squeezing the back of the arm.
- Bring the right arm back in and repeat all reps before switching arms.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.