Having fancy exercise equipment is nice, but you don’t need it to get a great workout. In fact, a number of home gym options will save you both space and money:
- Resistance bands: Resistance bands are cheap ($7 to $20), can be easily stuffed in a suitcase or drawer and can be used to work every muscle in the body.
- Dumbbells: Compared to weight machines, dumbbells are relatively inexpensive and can be used for multiple exercises and body parts. Buying a set will often save you money or you can find inexpensive brands at department stores like Wal-Mart or Target.
- Jump ropes: Like resistance bands, jump ropes are portable and offer an inexpensive cardio workout.
- Second-hand equipment: Search local garage sales, second-hand stores such as Play It Again Sports, or craigslist for deals on used exercise equipment.
- Pedometers: Pedometers are inexpensive ($15 to $35), easy to use and can really motivate you to stay active all day.