More Hamstring Exercises: Deadlift | One-Legged Deadlift | Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hamstring Rolls | One-Leg Hip Lifts on the Ball | Bent Knee Deadlifts | Barbell Deadlifts | Seated Slides | One-Leg Deadlift w/ Balance Challenge | Pull Through | Deadlift Combo
If you need to exercise from a seated position and don't have access to machines, it's tough to find ways to work the hamstrings in an effective way. Seated slides offer an option for working the hamstrings while sitting in a chair. The key to making this move effective is to use your body weight to add resistance to the exercise.
- Sit tall in a chair, abs engaged, and place paper plates under each foot.
- Press the right foot hard onto the plate and push it forward, engaging the front of the leg.
- Continuing to press onto the plate, slide the right foot back while sliding the left foot forward.
- As you pull the foot back, focus on the back of the leg and keeping even pressure on the paper plate.
- Continue slow and controlled reps, alternating sides, for a total of 16 reps, repeating for 1-3 sets.