- Stand with feet wide, toes out at about a 45-degree angle and hold the medicine ball or weight at chest level.
- Lunge to the right, bending the knee and taking care to keep the knee behind the toe. Touch the ball to the floor while keeping the abs engaged and the back flat (don't round the shoulders).
- Stand up, bringing the weight to the chest.
- Repeat the lunge on the left side.
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps. One rep is a lunge to the right and left.
- Keep your knee in line with your toe as you lunge. If the knee angles in or out, adjust the angle of your toes.
- Press through the heel of you foot as you push up from the lunge to engage your glutes.
- Avoid letting the knee bend over the toe by sitting back into the heel.