- Stand with about hip or shoulder-width apart and place an exercise ball behind your lower back and against a sturdy wall for support.
- If you choose to hold weights, you can keep them at your sides, hold them just over the shoulders or prop them on the upper thighs.
- Bend the knees and lower into a squat, keeping the knees in line with the toes.
- Lower down as far as you can (but no lower than 90 degrees) and push into the heels to go back to starting position.
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps.
- Keep your knees in line with your toes.
- Press through the heel of you foot as you push up from the squat.
- Avoid letting the knee bend over the toe.