Adding an overhead press and rotation to a traditional goblet squat is a great way to increase the intensity of the exercise and raise your heart rate. Make sure you pivot on both feet as you rotate to one side to avoid tweaking the knees.
- Hold a dumbbell or a kettlebell by the horns (as shown) at chest level, feet wide.
- Lower into a squat, bringing the elbows towards the inside of the thighs, or as low as you can.
- Make sure you send the hips back and keep the knees from going too far past the toes.
- As you stand up, take the weight overhead and rotate to the right, pivoting on both feet.
- Lower and repeat on the left, completeting 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps, alternating sides.