Y-pulls are a variation on T-pulls, adding intensity by taking the arms up into a y-position. This move targets the upper back muscles as well as the rear shoulders. The key to this move is to keep the shoulders down while squeezing the shoulder blades together. Make sure you sit tall and keep the core engaged rather than hunching forward.
- Sit on the floor and loop the band around both feet.
- Hold each end of the band in both hands with the palms facing in, thumbs pointed up.
- Begin the move with the arms extended in front of you, a slight bend in the elbows.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades as you lift the arms up and out into a y-position, stopping at torso level.
- Lower down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
- To add intensity, hold the band closer to the feet and to reduce intensity hold the band toward the end or bend the knees.
- Keep the core strong and the back straight throughout the movement.