If you're looking for a new way to work the chest, chest circles offer a variation on traditional chest flies, with a focus on the outer part of the chest. By moving the weight in a wide circle over the chest and hips, you'll not only work your chest, but the arms and the core.
- Lie on a bench and hold medium-heavy weights over the chest, palms facing out.
- Circle the weights around in a wide circle as you rotate the hands.
- End the circular movement just over the hips, with the pinkies facing each other while squeezing the chest.
- Rotate the hands back as you circle the weights up over the chest so that the thumbs face each other.
- Continue the wide circles, alternating the thumbs facing each other and the pinkies facing each other for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.