Chest Exercises - More Strength Exercises for the Chest
By Paige Waehner, About.com Guide
Updated November 10, 2009
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board
If you're looking for a new way to work the chest, chest circles offer a variation on traditional chest flies, with a focus on the outer part of the chest. By moving the weight in a wide circle over the chest and hips, you'll not only work your chest, but the arms and the core.
- Lie on a bench and hold medium-heavy weights over the chest, palms facing out.
- Circle the weights around in a wide circle as you rotate the hands.
- End the circular movement just over the hips, with the pinkies facing each other while squeezing the chest.
- Rotate the hands back as you circle the weights up over the chest so that the thumbs face each other.
- Continue the wide circles, alternating the thumbs facing each other and the pinkies facing each other for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.