- Lie down on an incline bench or on an inclined step (as shown) and begin with the weights in each hand straight up over the chest, palms facing each other.
- With a slight bend in the elbows, lower the arms out to the sides until they're at or just below shoulder level.
- Squeeze the chest to pull the arms back, keeping the bend in the elbows. Imagine that you're hugging a tree.
- Repeat for 1 to 3 sets of 8 to 16 reps.
- Keep the abs contracted throughout the movement to protect your back.
- Keep the motion slow and controlled and try not to use momentum.