- Get into pushup position with the hands slightly wider than the shoulders and resting on the toes (harder) or the knees.
- Walk the left hand forward so that your hands are in a staggered position.
- Bend the elbows and lower into a pushup, keeping the neck in neutral alignment and lowering down as far as you can.
- Push back to start and repeat for 8-16 reps.
- For your next set, switch the arms so that the right hand is in front and the left arm is back, completing 8-16 reps.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets.
- Keep the abs engaged and the back flat throughout the movement. If you sag in the middle, take the knees to the floor to provide more support for the abs and back.
- Keep the head and neck in neutral alignment, keeping a straight line from the head to the heels.
- Adjust your hand position as needed to find what works for you.