New Healthy Mom App
- Here's a new iPhone app to help mothers-to-be stay in shape and new moms take off the baby weight. Mommacise! Take a look. http://mommacise.com/
- Check out miStrengthCoach! Great fitness app to get in shape...designed by one of the country's top strength coaches who works with pro athletes. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mistrengthcoach/id434828652?mt=8
- —Guest Mark
Measure your fitness level
- The following app allows you to measure your aerobic fitness base with the classic 12 minute run fitness test http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/12minuterun/id440476864?mt=8 ls=1
- —Guest 12 Minute Run
Premier fitness training app!
- miStrengthCoach was designed by a top strength coach who works with pro athletes--it really works!
- —Guest miStrengthCoach
Those are good but
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ripped/id436217605?mt=8 This one is the best I have found
- —Guest MR BULGE
Bodymedia thru Jenny Craig
- I have been using the BodyMedia arm band through the Jenny Craig plan and find it interesting on how my body reacts to certain food intake and burning calories..lost 15 lbs since Jan using it. My doctor believes it is making a difference since avg person believes their calorie intake is 50% more than they realize and exercise is 60% less than they really perform. I have changed both since wearing it and am more conscious of intake and activity levels now. Worth the money for me.
- —Guest Tess
Get Fighting Fit with Para Fitness app
- Some brilliant suggestions. I'd add the Para Fitness app. It is ours, but it's been rated app of the week by The Sun (UK's best selling paper) so it's not just us that thinks this is a one of the best fitness apps out there. And it's perfect for anyone. Created by Major Sam McGrath, the former head of recruitment and training at the British Paras, the Para Fitness App offers a series of eight-week exercise programmes. The beauty of this fitness app is that its built in fitness assessment helps you work out your own level so you can choose the programme to suit you - Recruit, Soldier or Para. It then serves up a daily exercise programme with tips on perfecting well known exercises and brilliant advice and encouragement to help you tackle trickier ones. Killer Bastards anyone? The hardest part of exercising is getting your trainers on and getting out the door. McGrath is your man for serious motivation. A great fitness app to get you fighting fit for summer.
- —Guest BelindaG
- The very best one: (1) free workouts & fitness plans searchable by category e.g. weight loss or bodybuilding, (2) high quality exercise videos, (3) easy to create my own routine (4) schedule so I know which workout to do that day (5) cool charts & reports (6) connected with a Web portal & Facebook. You call should really try it http://fitsync.com
- Another one to add to the list is myRun (http://www.myrun.me). I've just started using this one and really enjoying it.
- —Guest sarah
Lose It and Fit Phone
- Lose It is an amazing app for tracking what you eat. I also use Fit Phone to track all of my workouts. It tracks my weight training and tracks my runs using the GPS. Great all around fitness app
- —Guest Blaine
my 3 favorites
- I really love: 1:fitness plan. It didn't cost much, and it is an excellent organizer for my fitness schedual. You can put in the type of exercise, time and more, but I like to keep in simply for organizing my daily exercises (running/ weights/classes) and you can color code it! :) its great. 2: nike + gps. I love it! Tells you were you are, how fast you are going, motivating messages if you choose, "power songs" plus you own music of course. It records your runs so you can challenge previous runs, and you can record your terrain, how you felt and the weather. I don't use heart rates so much for running, I like things simple, so this is perfect for me. 3: Ifitness is great, offers lots of exercises, organized by exercise type, muscle or equipment. Also has the workouts you can build. I am sure its similar to others out there, but it is very straight forward and easy to use. Has descriptions and videos as well.
- —Guest Steph
Lose It! and Fitness Tracker 90 (FT 90)
- Hands down the best overall app for me is Lose It http://www.loseit.com/ From the other recommendations here, I see I am not alone. No tool has been more helpful in losing 30 pounds over the last 3 months. It is very easy to use and well organized. It helps put you on an individualized plan. I find the discipline very helpful to keep track of my diet and exercise with their huge database complete with nutritional information. It is also easy to add your own foods and exercise to their list. I started P90X a couple months ago. Hands down, the best app to keep track of your P90X progress is Fitness Tracker 90 (FT90) http://www.fitness-tracker.com/ If you are looking for an app to track your weight and BMI, TargetWeight is also excellent. It is easy to use and well laid out. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/target-weight-for-adults-personal/id338889966?mt=8 For runners, I also like Nike+ GPS and RunKeeper.
- —Guest Wayne
Xrun: great graphs and easy to use
- My favorite Fitness app is 'Xrun' Apple approved last week: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xrun/id411704043?mt=8 because, unlike most apps in its class, Xrun is ridiculously easy to use. Most of the time the user has to just press a single button. It doesn't give just numbers or graphs (about your weight, body shape, etc), it also shows how good these numbers are in the user's particular case. So, the user can decide how much effort to put towards exercise and weight loss. It includes 'People's Choice weight recommendation', which takes into consideration gender and peer's perception (in addition to user's height and weight). It includes very informative recommendations and has great integration between graphs and health markers. It is like having your doctor and personal trainer next to you at all times.
- —Guest Sambaman
- Loseit...best app, keeps you thinking about what you put in your face and makes you accountable for your exercise. Very user friendly and easy to build a "library" of foods for future use, awesome idea, wish I had thought of it!
- —Guest joan
Tabata interval cardio app just out
- There's a great new cardio app just out, for the iPhone: http://radiantcanopy.com/guerrillacardio/ Speed and distance tracking, best pace, maps, voice feedback and all. Check it out.
- —Guest Aleksandar