From the article: Top Music Players for Gym-Goers
Workout music is essential for many of us, but we all probably have a few embarrassing numbers on our workout playlists. What about you? Tell us about the most embarrassing song or artist on your workout playlist. Tell It
- i have a two month old a two year old and a four year old and i work out to there wiggles cd so the older ones get involved
- —Guest mommy
haha NOWHERE CLOSE
- yOUR THE BEST AROUND...KARATE KID SONG MAKES A GREAT MOTIVATING CHARGE
- —Guest bARHORST
Shake your money maker
- I'm mostly into Alternative and sometimes Heavy Metal, but I have to admit I have a number of Ricky Martin songs on my iPod. My husband has found me, more than once, shaking a little Ricky Martin flavour myself while working out at home. In my own defense, it has a great rhythm for cardio. Whatever works, right?
- —Guest Amanda
Wow! I am appalled....
- My workout playlist is comprised of my favorite intense, hardcore music- I'm a metalhead and a music lover. Other times, I prefer to listen to classical, blues, classic rock, Waylon, etc. How you get motivated jamming Manilow & Air Supply is beyond me. My brother was listening to Johnny Cash (1 of my faves) during our last half-marathon... I thought "what a dork". I guess it's a rhythm thing for me. Intensity calls.
- —Guest DM
Most embarrassing song on workout playli
- I'm a 60 something grandman and ZZTOP's Pearl Necklace is 'out of character'.
- —Guest taffy
Gangsta' Hip-Hop and Rap.
- Not that there is something wrong with it, by any means, but being in a Punk Rock band it would be disastrous for my credibility on stage. What can I say (I gets busy).
- It's the dirty version and heck why not? Isn't that what I am trying to do???
- —Guest ladyinred2009
- Circus by Britteny Spears is as bubble gum as it comes but for some reason it helps me when I run. I would die if someone found it on my iPod though!
- —Guest Celeste Goff
Hair, Hair, Hair
- We're not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister, Bang Your Head (Metal Health) by Quiet Riot and Round and Round by Ratt. :-)
- —Guest Betty
Expletive, Expletive, Expletive
- I am a seventh grade teacher whom most people view as prim and proper...When I'm working out that goes out the window - I listen to Rage Against the Machine, The Beastie Boys, and Atmosphere. Who knew such explicit lyrics could be so freeing and motivating while running an 8 miler?
- —Guest lizzie z
- They sang Barbie Girl. The entire album is great for cardio.
- —Guest Suze
Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of my Hair
- ... from South Pacific, Stuck In the Middle With You, Saturday Night Fever, If I Only Had a Brain, Shake Your Pom Pom,
- —Guest guest
"Fish" by the Housewives
- I wasn't paying attention when I made a mix that had the above-mentioned song on it. The lwere, "There are two things in the world that smell like fish One of them is fish" Then a chorus would ask, "Whats the other one?" "Fish" I couldn't have cleared the class faster if I pulled the fire alarm. I don't mix music any more. .../Mike
- —Guest Mike Broderick
back to the 80's
- i have an old mix-tape which has "Hit me with your best shot" on it.
- —Guest Hollyg69
- The worst thing you have accidentally inflicted on a group fitness class you were teaching. The uncut version of White Horse, Erotic City...as a new instructor I learned quickly to read before playing! And btw...I too admit to liking Superfreak and Baby Got Back and even Funky Cold Medina.
- —Guest kimsgym
1-15 of 43Next