From the article: 8 New Year's Resolutions You'll Actually Keep
Do you make New Year's resolutions to lose weight, exercise more or get fit? Share your resolutions for the coming year and tell us what you would like to accomplish with your body, your mind and your health. Share Your Resolutions
Get back on track
- Slacked off bad this last month & 1/2 and my body doesn't like it. I have aches and pains now. So I'm getting back on track!!
- This year, I just want to enjoy more myself, to dedicate time to do the things that I really like to do, like dancing, or reading or just a simple walk around the block. I want to spend more time with my family and friends, I want to do more home cooking for my kids as well as going out with my husband. I want to make this year a great year! Try not to stress, enjoy, have fun, be myself.
- —Guest Rosirocks
Cut chocolate, exercise daily.
- I have decided to cut out chocolate from my diet for the entire year and cycle on my stationary bike at least 15 minutes daily. Cutting out chocolate will definitely help me cut out a ton of calories since i can't eat chocolate cakes, puddings etc. Also, I found that exercising daily helps to curb my appetite. I sure hope I'll be able to lose some weight this way!
- —Guest Karnii
- Get down to my normal weight by losing about 15 - 20 lbs (I will know the number Friday). Eliminate the junk I have let creep into my food plan over the last 18 months, skinny portions back down to normal, and get back to 6 days a week at the gym, up from the 5 days I have 'worked' my way down to.
- —Guest MaryT
Take the Pressure Off
- I've decided to work on my stress levels this year. I'm tired of feeling stressed, burned out and tired all the time! I know I need to make some changes in how I work and live and that's what I want to tackle this year. I don't have a specific plan yet, but I'll spend the next few days thinking about what I want to change. I think that if I deal with my stress in healthier ways (instead of downing a bag of oreos), I'll end up losing weight as well.