With warm weather finally here, it's time for your winter workouts to go. If you want something a little different, I've put together a few of my favorite new workouts for your exercise pleasure. Maybe you'll find something new to try. As always, please leave a comment to tell us about your favorite workouts.
- HIIT Medley Workout: Interval training is great for burning calories in a short period of time and this medley is one of my favorites. You bounce from treadmill to elliptical to stairmaster (or any 3 cardio activities of your choice) for different lengths of time and for different levels of intensity. Switching things around really makes your workout fly by.
- Total Body Ball Stretch: This is one of my favorite flexibility workouts and perfect after a tough strength or cardio workout. Each stretch flows from one to the other in a simple, relaxing workout.
- Motion Traxx Workouts by DEEKRON The Fitness DJ: I've talked about DEEKRON's running and walking workouts before (he offers free podcasts with fast-paced dance music with different BPMs for different workouts) and I use one of his workouts at least once a week. My latest favorites are his 'upswing' workouts. You start at a baseline BPM (for example, 150 beats per minute) and gradually work your way up to a higher BPM (e.g., 160). These are great for slowly increasing your speed without having to think about it.
- Total Body Strength: If you want a challenging total body strength workout, check out this advanced workout. If you're more of a beginner, you might enjoy this Beg/Int Total Body Strength Workout.
- Pump One Fitness Builder: I love Fitness Builder (an iPhone app) and use it all the time to create new and challenging workouts. It's a little pricey, but there are thousands of exercises and workouts to choose from. I always reach for Fitness Builder when I'm in the mood for something different.