If you want a fast, efficient workout that lets you burn more calories in less time, there's nothing better than good old Circuit Training. The idea is to go through a series of exercises - cardio, strength or both - without resting, and then repeating them as desired.
The great thing about this type of training is that it not only makes your workouts more interesting and burns lots of calories during the workout, it can increase your afterburn so that you burn even more calories after your workout.
I've listed the circuit workouts available in my Workout Center and I wanted to highlight a new favorite of mine: Total Body Dumbbell Circuit. This workout uses only one set of heavy dumbbells (although I will caution you that you may want to keep lighter ones handy) and includes just 5 exercises. However, these moves target every muscle in your body and, if you move fast and repeat the circuit, you'll really feel it.
More Circuit Workouts
- Advanced Cardio & Strength Circuit
- Basic Cardio and Strength Circuit
- Boot Camp
- Cardio and Strength Calorie-Burning Circuit
- Circuit Training
- Fat and Calorie Burning Circuit
- 30-Minute Circuit Workout
- 30-Minute Outdoor Circuit Workout for Walkers or Runners
- Fat Burning Circuit Workout
- 10-Minute Strength and Power Circuit
- Office Staircase Circuit Workout
- Total Body Timesaver Circuit
- Whole Body Circuit
Do you like circuit training? What's your favorite workout? Leave a comment and tell us about it.