Oblique crunches are great for targeting what many people refer to as their love handles. Oblique crunches work primarily the obliques and the upper abs because you are performing spinal flexion and rotation.
Do it right:
- Lie on your back and cross the left foot over the right knee, hands behind your head.
- Keeping lower back pressed into the floor, lift your shoulder blades off the floor and then curl your upper body diagonally across your body towards your left knee.
- Contract your abs and obliques as hard as you can at the top of the movement.
- Resist on the way back down.
- Repeat for 12-16 reps before switching sides.