When choosing more advanced exercises for your abs, knee tucks are great for targeting balance, stability and, core strength. The arms and torso help stabilize your body as you draw the knees in and, at the end of the movement, give your abs an extra squeeze to intensify the challenge.
- Get into a pushup position with the ball under the shins/ankles (easier) or the tops of the feet (harder).
- Make sure the body is straight, back flat and the abs engaged.
- Roll the ball in, bending the knees towards the chest as you squeeze the abs.
- Try not to push back with your arms but, instead, keep all the movement in the knees.
- Don't collapse the back as you roll the knees in.
- Return to start and repeat for 10-16 reps.