Ball pikes are an advanced version of the knee tucks shown previously and are very challenging. You can always modify the move by keeping the knees slightly bent or by shortening the range of motion and only lifting the hips a few inches, lifting higher as you get stronger. The key to making this move challenging is to use the abs to draw the hips up, rolling the feet on top of the ball.
- Get into a pushup position with the ball under the shins/ankles (easier) or the tops of the feet (harder).
- Make sure the body is straight, back flat and the abs engaged.
- Squeeze the abs and lift the hips up towards the ceiling, rolling the feet on top of the ball.
- Keep the legs straight for more of a challenge, ending in a straight-leg pike with the toes on the ball.
- Return to start and repeat for 10-16 reps.