This exercise focuses on the core, but it also works the hamstrings and glutes of the standing leg, making it a dynamic exercise. This move is tougher than it looks, so take your time and modify by keeping the leg bent.
- Lie down on a mat with the knees bent.
- Lift the hips so that you're in a bridge position, in a straight line from the knees to the chin.
- When you feel stable, lift the right leg off the floor, extending it straight up until it's perpendicular to the floor.
- Keeping the foot flexed, slowly drop the right leg out to the side a few inches without moving the rest of the body. The movement is very small, so keep it slow and controlled.
- Bring the leg back to center and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps on each side.