More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers | Lunge Jumps | Speed Skater with Weights
Plyo lunges are great for burning calories, getting the heart rate up and working the hips, glutes and thighs. This high impact, high intensity exercise is challenging, so stick with static lunges if this move is to much for you.
- Stand in a split stance, right leg in front and left leg in back.
- Bend your knees and lower into a lunge, keeping the front knee behind the toe.
- In an explosive movement, jump into the air and switch your legs, landing so that the left leg is in front and the right leg is in back.
- Land with soft joints, lower into a lunge and repeat, jumping and switching sides.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 10-60 seconds