More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers | Lunge Jumps | Speed Skater with Weights | Jumping Jacks with Resistance Band Pulls
Jogging in place is great, but if you want to add intensity, try lifting the knees high as you run. Your heart rate will thank you.
- While jogging in place, lift the knees high each time you jog.
- Try lifting the knees to hip level if you can, keeping the core tight to protect the back.
- To make it even harder, hold the hands at hip level and try to touch your knees to your hands each time you jog. Bring the knees up towards the hands, rather than bringing the hands down to the knees.
- You can also add intensity by pushing the arms overhead.
- Repeat for 30 seconds to as many minutes as you can. You can also do this exercise in a cardio circuit.