More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers | Lunge Jumps | Speed Skater with Weights | Jumping Jacks with Resistance Band Pulls
Mountain Climbers are great for both cardio and core strength but what if you're not ready for that level? No worries because this modified version elevates the upper body, which will take some of the weight off your arms and place it on the lower body, which is stronger. As you build upper body and core strength, try this move with the hands on the floor.
- Stand in front of a raised platform of some kind - a weight bench, a step (as shown), a chair or even a railing.
- Place your hands on the platform just wider than the shoulders and walk the feet out so that your back is straight - kind of like a pushup position.
- Bring the right knee in towards the platform while keeping the rest of the body in place.
- Take the right leg back and switch sides, bringing the left knee towards the platform.
- Continue alternating knees, speeding up if you can.
- Complete about 1-3 sets, going for 30-60 seconds each time.