More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers | Lunge Jumps | Speed Skater with Weights | Jumping Jacks with Resistance Band Pulls
Mountain climbers are an advanced, high intensity exercise that will get your heart rate up and add intensity to your workouts. This move will also build leg endurance and help you work on agility as well, making it a great overall exercise. If you've never tried this move, take your time and ease into it with slow reps. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
- Begin in a pushup position on the hands and toes.
- Bring the right knee in towards the chest, resting the foot on the floor.
- Jump up and switch feet in the air, bringing the left foot in and the right foot back.
- Continue alternating the feet as fast as you safely can for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
- To modify, rest your hands on a step, platform or BOSU Balance Trainer (dome side down).