More Home Cardio Exercises: Froggy Jumps | Burpees | Mountain Climbers | Squat Jumps| Jumping Jacks to Step | Toe Taps with Jumps| Side to Side Jumping Lunges | Prisoner Squat Jumps | Long Jumps | Plyo Jacks | Plyo Lunges| Jogging in Place | Jogging with High Knees | Front Kick Lunge | Speed Skaters | Modified Mountain Climbers | Lunge Jumps | Speed Skater with Weights | Jumping Jacks with Resistance Band Pulls
A simple way to increase intensity and add challenge to your workouts is to incorporate long jumps. With long jumps, you simply jump forward as far as you can, landing with both feet. You'll feel your core working hard on this exercise as well as your heart. To keep this move safe, land with soft knees. If you need to modify, try a staggered landing (one foot lands a bit before the other one). As always, skip this move if you feel pain or discomfort.
- Stand with feet together and make sure you have plenty of space in front of you.
- Lower into a squat and jump forward as far as you can in an explosive movement.
- Land with bent knees to protect the joints.
- Jump forward again, continuing for the length of the room.
- Repeat for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.