- With feet about hip-distance apart and hands a bit wider than shoulders on the bar, bend forward at the waist until your torso is parallel to the floor. Keep the shoulders back, the knees slightly bent and the abs tight.
- Bend the elbows and contract the back to pull the weight up towards the chest.
- Bring the elbows just past the torso and squeeze the back.
- Lower down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps
- Be sure your abs are engaged. If this hurts your back, skip this exercise or adjust your position.